The Autoglym Polar Series is a new range of products that aims to be an affordable, quick and easy way to clean and protect your car. This Autoglym Polar Series review aims to give you an insight into each of these polar products!
The trio of products is designed to be used together, one after another to achieve a fast but highly effective wash process.
The key to Autoglym’s Polar Series is that all three products are applied via pressure washer and snow foam lance. Between each product, simply empty and rinse the snow foam lance and you’re good to go with the next stage.
The Polar Series is a great choice for regular maintenance washes. If used fortnightly with the Autoglym recommended dilution ratios, it could last you a year!
Last update on 2020-10-31 at 09:30 via Amazon Product Advertising API
1. Autoglym Polar Blast Review
Polar Blast is a great all-round snow foam that produces a blanket of thick foam that clings to the car. Autoglym recommends leaving the foam to dwell on the car for up to 10 minutes, but it really depends on how quickly you want to clean the car. Polar Blast has no problem in clinging to the paintwork for 10 minutes – a sign of high-quality foam.
A pre-wash is essential for removing as much dirt as possible before the contact wash to avoid scratching the paintwork. Snow foam is the quickest and easiest way to pre-wash a car, and Polar Blast is a great example of this. It does a great job of eating any dirt and road grime on the paintwork, wheels, and wheel arches – leaving a safe, decontaminated surface to continue with the contact wash.
Polar Blast is not the most aggressive snow foam I’ve used. However, it’s designed for regular fortnightly washes, so something a bit more gentle on the paint is needed to preserve any waxes or protectants.
As with all of the products in the Polar Series, Polar Blast is highly economical. A 2.5L tub of Polar Blast will last for 25 washes based on the recommended dilution ratio. When using Polar Blast I found that the recommended dilution ration was over-generous for both Polar Blast and Polar Wash. With this in mind, I decided to weaken the dilution ratio (less product, more water). This means that you can quite easily achieve more than 25 washes through some experimenting.
Overall, this is a solid snow foam that offers great performance as well as great economy – something that a lot of brands struggle with. Polar Blast can be used individually but is recommended to be used with Polar Wash and Polar Seal too!
Polar Blast Tips & Tricks
Polar Blast is a very quick and easy way to pre-wash your car. I’ve put together some tips to get the best result out of this snow foam:
- Add the water before the snow foam when mixing. Otherwise, it will just foam up when you try to add the water.
- Use chemical measuring cups to ensure you get an accurate mix. Doing so will reduce wastage and may squeeze some extra washes out of the product.
- Use a good-quality snow foam lance from a reputable brand for a thick even coverage.
- Always start with the recommended dilution ratio. After a few uses, feel free to experiment if you feel like you could get away with using less product.
- Use detailing brushes to agitate the foam in intricate areas such as badges, trim, or fuel caps.
- Ensure your pressure washer and lance hose is untangled and in a place that will allow you to access all four sides of the car with ease.
- Apply to a dry car surface to allow the foam to cling. Applying to a wet car will cause the foam to slide off the car quicker.
- DO NOT apply unless the paintwork is cool to touch.
- DO NOT over concentrate the product as this could damage the paintwork or just waste product (and your money). I would not recommend going above the recommended dilution ratio.
Buy on Amazon: Autoglym Polar Blast
2. Autoglym Polar Wash Review
Polar Wash is a highly concentrated car shampoo that is applied directly to the car with a pressure washer and snow foam lance. Like with the Polar Blast, this covers the car in a thick blanket of shampoo. The idea is that you then clean the car with a wash mitt and rinse bucket, but instead of applying the shampoo with the wash mitt it’s already on the car.
This is a revolutionary method of contact washing the car that has several advantages over the conventional two-bucket method.
By completely covering the car with shampoo from the get-go, the paintwork gets a lot more “soak-time”. This will help to dissolve any dirt and grime left over from the pre-wash. Not only does this make it easier to remove dirt from the car but it’s also much safer. Polar Wash provides significantly more lubrication on the paintwork than most car shampoos – reducing the risk of scratches and swirl marks.
Polar Wash allows you to wash the car extremely quickly. I would recommend using a high-quality wash mitt and a rinse bucket (with grit guard) to clean the mitt after passing each panel of the car.
Again, Polar Wash is incredibly economical at 25 washes from a 2.5L bottle based on the Autoglym dilution ratio. Like with the Polar Blast, the Autoglym recommendations are very generous. You might be able to weaken the dilution ratio to get more washes out of this product.
Polar Wash Tips & Tricks
Polar Wash is a super quick way to wash your car with minimal setup and a simple wash process. Here are some tips & tricks that will help you to get the most out of Polar Wash:
- Fill a bucket with clean water so you can rinse your wash mitt between passes on the car. This will prevent dirt from being reintroduced to the paint, thus reducing damage to the paint.
- Use a grit-guard in your rinse bucket to trap harmful dirt particles.
- Use a soft lambswool wash mitt to gently wash the paint. Lambswool wash mitts are the softest wash mitts you can get. They will do an excellent job of contact washing the car with less risk of damaging the paint.
Buy on Amazon: Autoglym Polar Wash
3. Autoglym Polar Seal Review
Polar Seal is the most innovative and impressive product in the Polar Series. Best described as a “spray and rinse” protectant, it offers a high-gloss, protective layer on a freshly washed car. This will help to keep the car clean between washes. It will also make it a lot easier a quicker to wash the car in the future as dirt will be easier to remove.
Polar Seal is applied with a pressure washer and snow foam lance to a wet surface. It’s recommended that it is applied straight after rinsing the car, following the contact wash stage.
Once the paintwork has been completely covered in Polar Seal, Autoglym directs you to spray it off immediately with a pressure washer. The hydrophobic properties are extremely impressive as the water from the pressure washer runs off the car with ease. Drying the car is very quick because not much water is left on the car after being repelled by the Polar Seal.
After completely removing the Polar Seal from the paintwork you are left with a super-rich, high-gloss shine on the car. It is the equivalent to a freshly waxed vehicle, which is outstanding considering how quickly the Polar Seal application is compared to applying wax.
Polar Seal is by far the easiest and quickest way of protecting a car that I have come across. The snow foam lance application ensures that the entirety of the paintwork is protected in a quick and efficient manner. Polar Seal also smells fantastic which makes the final stage of the wash process very pleasant!
Polar Seal Tips & Tricks
With great power comes great responsibility! Here are some tips and precautions you should read before using Polar Seal:
- When drying the car use a plush, high-quality microfiber drying towel to soak up any remaining water safely and without scratching the paintwork.
- Avoid applying Polar Seal to hot panels. Sealants & protectants can stain the paintwork if applied to a hot surface so make sure the car is cool to touch before applying!
- Do not deviate from the recommended dilution ratio. Over-concentrating this product will not result in a better finish and could damage your paint. Stick to the recommendations and you can’t go wrong!
- It might seem obvious but be sure to read the instructions and familiarise yourself with the product before using it.
Buy on Amazon: Autoglym Polar Seal
Applying the Products
The Autoglym Polar Blaster is a foam cannon intended to be used with the Polar Series products. If you don’t already own a proper snow foam lance then this foam lance is highly recommended.
Polar Blaster Features
- Easier pouring and mixing than a traditional foam lance due to the extra-wide lid
- Produces a consistently thick foam which allows the products to cling to the paintwork for longer – improving their effectiveness
- Polar Series dilution ratios printed on the side of the bottle for convenience
- Use of high quality parts increases robustness and ability to produce a good foam
- Quick release collar means that the Polar Blaster can attach to Karcher K-Series machines and quick release mechanisms, with other adapters available at autoglym.com
Buy on Amazon: Autoglym Polar Blaster Foam Cannon
The Autoglym Polar Series has not only delivered three high-quality products, but they’ve also covered the breadth of the car cleaning process. Not only does it cover pre-wash, contact wash, and protection but it also exceeds expectation at each stage.
The Polar Series is not trying to replace the full car detailing process. Instead, it is aiming to make the regular maintenance washes a lot more efficient, saving time and resources for a job which shouldn’t have to take hours! I hope you found value in this Autoglym Polar Series review.